Saturday, May 12, 2012

In Honor Of…

Today we had an all-girls’ lunch to honor my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day.

Since my own mom lives some distance away and isn’t able to travel, she couldn’t join us.

DSC_1927

Yet, in a way, she was here.

My mama was a homemaker in the truest sense of the word, and she loved entertaining.

DSC_1928

There were always flowers and china and some simple, special dish, like Shrimp Creole or a tender pork roast.

The shrimp recipe is lost, I think, and I’ve never been particularly accomplished at pork roast,

but today we had chicken salad, angel biscuits, some husband-grown lettuce with a homemade buttermilk dressing, and cheesecake in a jar (amazing).

DSC_0003

There were wildflowers and polka-dots.

I am thankful for—among countless other things--a legacy of old-fashioned, gracious, Southern hospitality, taught by an old-fashioned, gracious, Southern lady.

DSC_1937

Happy Mother’s Day.

Be blessed,

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful table and blessings to you and your Mom's as well.

    ReplyDelete