Monday, February 6, 2012

An Old-Fashioned Valentine for My Imaginary Friends

Hello, all!

I’ve noticed a few more of you around lately;

welcome!

Say hi if you will;

it helps me remember that I’m not talking into thin air.

Or just to my computer.

Who usually does not have nice things said to it.

I have a serious post forming in my heart, but today I am home with a sick DD and decided on a quick and happy post first.

The February mantel…

DSC_1758

(excuse the lighting—rain,rain go away)

That frame holds my grandmother’s Valentines.

DSC_1757

Aren’t they lovely?

DSC_1755

They leave Hallmark in the dust…

DSC_1747

not to mention the TwilightSpongeBobdinosaurwhateverkid-thingisinthisyear

variety.

DSC_1749

Here’s one that says,

If you’ll be my Valentine,

we’ll skip along together

We’ll not mind poverty or wealth

the measles or the weather.

DSC_1762

That might be a good one for Big Red. Smile

Be blessed today!

Ginger

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! The old Valentines are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! (: I enjoy reading your blog! You are so creative! Keep it up! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got into this blogging thing and have been searching for some others to follow when yours caught my eye! First I love your posts in general, but I love love this one! These cards are just beautiful :) Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete