A few days ago, Beth Moore posed a question about motivations.
I’m still chewing on the serious side of that issue, but, in the meantime, here are a few things that motivate me:
1. Motivation to teach my teens to cook:
chocolate snack cake, created on the spur of the moment by DD#1, and topped with PW’s maple icing. Yum.
2. Motivation to do 30 Day Shred:
3. Motivation to be prepared for class:
over-confidence in my classroom assignment next year
4. Motivation to clean house:
Hum….still working on that one.
5. Motivation for dreaming of summer vacation:
6. Motivation to fix the basement:
spending the night with the spiders while tornado warnings blared on the radio
7. Motivation to encourage Big Red’s gardening obsession:
tender, fresh organic lettuce picked from our yard
8. Motivation to buy stock in Lowe’s:
Big Red’s gardening obsession
9. Motivation to not be motivated by perfectionism:
Galatians 5:1--It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
10. Motivation to pick the right motivation:
Ephesians 4:1--As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.