Monday, July 25, 2011

Stick a Fork in Me and Call Me Done

image

(image from ikea.com) 

Y’all, I’m here to tell you that this foot thing is wearing me out.

Done, over it, finished.

Though, I admit, after talking to someone today with a ridiculously awful ankle injury that makes mine look like a day at the park, I quit whining and repented.

The orthopedist has cleared me to let the pain dictate my activity level. 

So far the pain is dictating a gracious little activity, leaving me even less of any significance to report in Blogland.

Except perhaps that a nutella s’more is a culinary wonder.

And it has only 4 Weight Watchers points.

Actually, I did hobble into my kitchen this morning to prepare super-healthy, really-yummy (I promise) Oat Bran Muffins. 

After putting them in the oven, I sat down to my Beth Moore Bible study homework and neglected to set the timer.

Regrettably, these muffins were a tad overdone, but if I liked them burnt toasty, I’m confident they’re good properly baked.

On-One-Foot Oat Bran Muffins

(So easy you can make them while standing on one foot!)

(adapted from somewhere in Blogville that I can’t remember; if it’s you, these are delicious!  Thanks so much!)

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup oat bran

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 egg

1/4 cup honey

1 tsp. vanilla

2 T. oil

1 1/4 cup skim milk

1/2 cup sliced almonds

1/2 berries, raisins, or chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400*.  In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.  In a small bowl, whisk egg, honey, vanilla, oil, and milk.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix in almonds and berries.  (Blackberries were fabulous.)  Bake for 16-20 minutes, NOT 25.3 minutes while you read Isaiah.  Take them out on time, top with a little butter, and then read Isaiah.

Be blessed!

Ginger

Linked up at Tasty Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. These muffins sound great! I will have to try them. I hope that your toe is healing quickly and you have a "better" day today! Thank you for stopping by my Blog, come back again! I will be dropping in again here also!

    -Blessings,
    Crickit

    ReplyDelete