Thursday, July 14, 2011

Change of Plans

Remember this?

DSC05156

It’s now this:

DSC_0926

Yep.  Party’s over.

After two weeks of hobbling, I finally had it checked.

Big-time foot sprain with ankle involvement.

Three weeks minimum off the foot.

Occasional crutches or zippy cart thingy at the grocery store.

Better be good or be in a world of hurt once school starts.

Thank heaven for slave labor teens who know their way around the kitchen and laundry.

I’m sure that in here somewhere are profound lessons  about resting. 

In the meantime, I’m trying to figure out how Big Red is going to manage his projects and mine—like 22,000 snap-beans that need to be canned.

Um.  I’ll get back to you.

Be blessed,

Ginger

 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Ginger that you HAVE to be down a bit! I'm near the end of my surgery recovery now, but seeing so much to be done and not being able to do it isn't always easy. Healing to you and grace to rest (physically/spiritually) in Jesus name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I hope you get to being on your feet quickly. Ouch! And canning is a lot of standing. Not good. I just saw how Jenni above closed off her comment, great words Healing to you and grace to rest! That's a wonderful way to put it! Take care! Hugs and Love, Jenn

    ReplyDelete