Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I’m so Blue

Summer is in full swing around our house;

Big Red and I are knee-deep in projects,

and the DDs are offering a barrage of new goodies for us to try.

So far, fruit salsas get a two-thumbs up.

First there was the mango-kiwi-onion-bell pepper-lime juice one.

Yum.

The next one featured blueberries, one of my favorite summer treats.DSC_0786

Skeptics became converts when I took

blueberry salsa to Thursday night Bible study.

Be brave.

Blueberry Salsa

(from Southern Living)

2 cups coarsely chopped fresh blueberries

1 cup whole fresh blueberries

1/4 cup lemon juice

3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

2 seeded and minced jalapeno peppers ( I omitted these for the Thursday night crowd because I didn’t want to injure anyone; adjust amounts to suit your taste)

1/3 cup diced red bell pepper (or yellow or orange or green—if you leave out the green jalapeno)

1/2 kosher salt

Toss together and serve with tortilla or pita chips

Guilt-free, unique, and delicious!

Be blessed!

Ginger

Linking up here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment